Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A couple of new reborns...

First is Daniella, she is a 'Luca' sculpt from Elly Knoops. This little girl sold quick for me! I had her on eBay less than 1 day before somebody found my auction and purchased her for $300 at 'Buy It Now'. LOVE those kinds of sales!!! :)


And this is my little 10 inch Ashton Drake baby, 'Charlie', from the Tiny Miracles line. This little thing started out as a cheap looking, pasty doll with badly done hair and pretty much no coloring on it. I took the original doll apart, stripped all his factory paint off, removed his fake eyelashes and factory hair on his head with 'Nair' and completely transformed him into a lifelike miniature reborn. I repainted him, re-rooted his hair and gave him rooted eyelashes as well, gave him a better jointed body and weighted this little guy to about a pound and a half. Here he is! This is a "true reborn" as reborn actually means that a play doll is "reborn" into a lifelike doll after an artist re-does it!
This is what 'Charlie' looked like before I reborned him:
This little guy is not going to eBay as I made him for myself. :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa! Daniella is a nice looking reborn. One of my favorites. Good luck on your next one that you are selling for some BIG DOUGH!

Stephanie<3