Thursday, July 31, 2008

Our California/Disneyland Vacation!

We are back from our Disney trip! It was quite an adventure with some ups and downs. First the good things-we had a blast and Matthew was super good and had a great time! We got to ride on lots of fun rides this time and since Becky came along we got to ride on some of the scarier rides as well. We also went to visit Beverly Hills/Hollywood the first night we arrived. We had a great time looking at the beautiful houses up in the Hollywood Hills and a fun time seeing all the strange things on Hollywood Blvd. We also visited Rodeo Drive and window shopped in all the expensive boutiques there.

We also had some bad times, well I had some bad times. Sometime at the end of the night the last night we were there either someone stole my diaper bag right out of our stroller or I left it at a table we were eating at in Tomorrowland. Luckily, there was no cash at all in it. But I had my wallet with a couple of credit cards in there, my driver's license AND both my and Matthew's social security cards! Ughhh!! What a mess! I spent most of Wednesday night calling my credit card companies, getting a new driver's license, new insurance cards, and contacting the credit bureaus to put fraud alerts on my personal information since I am now a potential identity theft victim. You think I should know better too since I worked in the fraud department for almost 3 years at Discover Card. So, people, learn from me...DO NOT put your SS card in your wallet! Since I took care of all that, I do feel better now. I was having a pretty bad day Tuesday night and most of Wednesday and wasnt exactly in a "Disney" mood once that happened. Hopefully the bag eventually turns up, if it does Disneyland will ship it back to me free of charge We will see...

We also had a STRANGE thing happen to us. I am sure you heard about the 5.4 magnitude earthquake in southern California on Tuesday. Well, I got to experience my first earthquake! What a very weird sensation and it scared me and excited me at the same time. Curtis, Matthew, and I were eating brunch at Goofy's Kitchen when it happened (Becky wanted to sleep in and stayed in the room-so she was in the hotel room when it happened). I am not sure how to describe the earthquake, except it felt like "waves" underneath my feet and was a very loud rumbling sound. It felt like the room was swaying side-to-side, like in a funhouse. I honestly had no idea what was happening. My first thought was a huge truck ran into the side of the building, then I thought it was a terrorist attack. Curtis grabs Matthew from his high chair and sheilds his head, I am just sitting there like a dear caught in the headlights. I yelled to Curtis "WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?!" and he says "It's an earthquake!" The whole thing was over within 20 seconds but had me pretty shaken. I tried to call Becky to see if she was ok, but it kept saying "system too busy". Curtis said it was because everyone and their mother was probably trying to use their cell phones. So, yeah, an earthquake. Something I thought I would NEVER experience in MY lifetime!


So here are some photos of our vacation...hope you enjoy! :)


Our pool view from our room at The Disneyland Hotel:



Cute little Matty sitting on the bed at the hotel:


Me & Becky up at "Sunset Tan" on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood!



Melissa, Matty, & Curtis posing with Micky!

Becky & Melissa posing with Micky!
Ooh la-la! Melissa posing with Jack Sparrow at Disneyland. This guy was a dead ringer for Johnny Depp and had the same voice and manerisms and everything!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your diaper bag/purse! That is a real awful thing to happen and very inconvenient! I would had been super mad too. :-(
Anyways, looks like Disneyland and California was soooooo much fun! Glad to hear that you made it out of the earthquake safe and sound!
As soon as John and I have extra "FUN" money, I'm going to make John take Danielle and I there! I love California! You guys are lucky!

Love ya,
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had a great time. That is something about the earthquake!!! Matthew is certainly growing up. He doesn't look a baby any more. So glad you were able to get away for a little R&R. Say hi to all and give Matty a kiss from me.Love to all, Phlomena